WHAT IS A CHEMICAL PEEL?
A chemical peel is a technique to improve and smooth the texture of the skin. Peels treat wrinkles around the eyes and mouth and skin discoloration. They also help with age spots, dull skin texture, and mild acne scars. Also, peels can treat the neck, chest, and hands.
HOW DOES A CHEMICAL PEEL WORK?
A peel treatment starts with a chemical solution to remove the outer layers of skin. This stimulates new skin growth. The new skin is usually smoother, less wrinkled, and more even in color. Chemical peels may produce reddening and peeling like sunburn. This lasts a few days to several weeks, depending on the strength and depth of the chemical peel.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT DURING MY APPOINTMENT?
Every skin type is different. Chemical peels come in varying strengths and provide different levels of treatment. We recommend you schedule a consultation to address your individual skin needs.
During the procedure, a chemical solution is applied to the skin. You may feel a burning or tingling sensation as the solution dries. This depends on the depth and type of peel you are receiving. The entire process usually takes under an hour to complete.
HOW LONG WILL MY RESULTS LAST?
After your treatment, your skin may experience reddening and peeling like a sunburn. This lasts a few days to several weeks, depending on the strength and depth of the chemical peel. The new skin is usually smoother, less wrinkled, and more even in color. Keep in mind that the peeling process usually takes a few days to begin and does not immediately start.
The results from your chemical peel can last up to several months. Typically, the deeper the peel, the longer it could last. Being in the sun often can damage the effects and the duration of benefits you have received from the peels. Your provider can help you start a treatment plan that would let you maximize your results.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION OR BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
Do you want to know if a chemical peel is right for you? As with all our cosmetic procedures, we offer complimentary consultations. You can schedule your consultation or book an appointment by calling us at 479-254-9662, Option 1. You can also request an appointment online here.
TYPES OF CHEMICAL PEELS AT HULL AESTHETICS
- Heavy depth chemical peel to rejuvenate and repair your skin
- Improve skin discoloration, reduce fine lines, and even out skin texture.
- Reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation and skin discoloration.
- Revitalize dull looking skin and helps it look soft and smooth.
- Clean out congested pores to refine the surface of your skin.
- Will cause peeling; requires about a week of downtime.
- Safe for face, neck, or back of hands.
- Results generally last about six months.
Obagi® Blue Peel
- Contains trichloroacetic acid (TCA) for a deep peel.
- Fast procedure with dramatic results.
- Patented blue base acts as a color guide to allow for even penetration. It also signals depth of the peel to customize to each patient’s individual needs.
- Depending on the strength and depth of this peel, you may experience light swelling.
- Within two to three day, your skin will begin to peel and will continue to over the next several days.
- By the seventh to tenth day, your skin should be healed and you will notice a visible improvement in your complexion.
- Your skin’s appearance should continue to improve over the next four to six weeks.
- Skin will become firmer, clearer, smoother, healthier, and more youthful looking.
Obagi® Radiance Peel
- Designed to significantly improve the appearance and health of your skin.
- Improve your skin’s look, texture, and feel in a matter of minutes.
- Instant, radiant results come for most skin types.
- Improves a range of skin concerns, including photodamage.
- Result of peel is overall improvement in texture and tone.
- A series of four to six peels provides best overall results.
Hull Aesthetics Mini Peel
- Complete brightening system to help even tone and texture. T
- Applied in-office and a skin care kit is sent home for aftercare to enhance the results.
- Depth of peel is superficial.
- Great for uneven skin tones, deep pigment issues, or melasma.
- Designed to improve the texture and appearance of hyperpigmented skin.
- Comes with a medicated masque and an at-home regimen.
- Synergistic blend of powerful ingredients suitable for all skin types.
- Dramatic results with no skin preparation and little downtime.
- Enjoy radiant, younger looking skin in about a week.
- Will improve the tone, texture, and clarity of the skin.
- Reduce or eliminate age spots, freckles, and hyper-pigmentation, including melasma and rosacea.
- Soften lines and wrinkles.
- Clear acne skin conditions and reduce or eliminate acne scar.
- Stimulate the production of collagen, for firmer, more youthful skin.
- Works well in conjunction with lasers, injectables, and post procedure.
- Provides superior results for all skin types.
- Regular use of the Vi Peel (two to four peels per year), along with proper home care, reverses sun damage.
- Perfect for teens with light facial acne or a first time peel.
- Suitable for the eye area, chest, hands, arms, and back.
VI Purify (Acne)
- Target active or cystic acne.
- Process takes about 30 minutes. It includes the chemical solution being applied to the skin.
- Peel is left on for five hours and washed off at home.
- Some patients experience a light stinging during application, but the sensation subsides quickly.
VI Precision Plus
- Deeper peel is a breakthrough for age-defying, radiant skin.
- Key ingredients include Retinoic Acid which triggers peeling. Also unclogs pores and boosts collagen and elastin.
- Includes Vitamin C. This powerful antioxidant reduces the damaging effects of UV exposure.
- Hydroquinone bleaches pigmentation and melasma. It also exfoliates the skin to create a glowing, even tone.
- Kojic Acid fights discoloration and brightens the complexion. Hydrocortisone soothes and reduces redness.
- Application is 30 minutes and includes the chemical solution applied to the skin.
- Precision Plus Peel is left on for five hours and washed off at home. Some patients experience a light stinging during application, but the sensation subsides quickly.
- The VI Precision Plus is ideal for treating sunspots, hyperpigmentation and melasma.
- Three-step clinical procedure. Combines dermaplaning, chemical exfoliation, and cryogenic therapy to reduce signs of photoaging.
- Diminishes fine lines, wrinkles, dullness, and visible skin imperfections. We recommend a series of 4-6 procedures.
- Micropeels lighten dark spots and even-out skin tone.
- Reduce acne blemishes and help prevent future breakouts.
- Revitalize sensitive skin while decongesting pores.
Benefits of the Micropeel:
- Improves skin texture and radiance
- Helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Supports healthy collagen levels for firmer skin
Skinceuticals Micropeel Plus
- Unique one-step treatment of chemical exfoliation designed to reduce acne, keep problematic skin clear of breakouts, and help correct enviormental skin damage.
- Uses a combination of salicylic acid to refine pores and help reduce the appearance of acne.
- Glycolic acid helps improve rough texture, blotchiness, and uneven skin tone.
Benefits of the Micropeel Plus:
- Reduces acne blemishes and helps prevent future breakouts
- Dissolves sebum and cellular debris in pores
- Encourages cell renewal
- Improves the appearance of skin discolorations
- Improves collagen synthesis and remodels existing collagen and elastin.
- Salicylic Acid, a Beta-Hydroxy Acid (BHA), is a superficial peeling agent, oil reducer and pore cleanser.
- Combats oily skin, yet is also a rejuvenating peel that is an alternative to a Glycolic Acid Peel.
- Perfect for fighting acne. Ideal for oily/acneic skin, clogged pores, and sebhorrheic dermatitis.
- Beneficial for dehydrated/dry or sensitive skin as well as sun damaged, dull and uneven skin.
- Reduces acne inflammation, psoriasis, ingrown hairs, wrinkles, and fine lines. Improves texture and clarity.
- Non-invasive, very superficial peel increases skin glow and radiance.
- No downtime and is a perfect treatment the day before your wedding, prom or any big event.
- Leaves your skin with improved clarity, color, and texture.
- Tightens the skin and restores a more youthful appearance. Has little or no peeling, minimal downtime, and minimal discomfort.
- Perfect for a first-time peel and is ideal for any skin type.
- Penetrates deep into the epidermis and produces the most exfoliation.
- Provides predictable results with minimal downtime.
- Noticeable results after one peel and significant results after three to six peels.
- Great for patients with moderate to severe sun damage. Ideal for melasma, pigment irregularities, and acne scarring.
- Reduces skin irritation associated with the stronger peels without diminishing the peeling effect.
- Fight the effects of time, sun damage, and environmental assaults.
- Powerful yet non-damaging peel can take years off aging skin.
- Perfect for patients with mild to moderate skin conditions. Effective in treating fine lines and wrinkles, sun damage, pigment irregularities, and acne.
- Noticeable results after one peel and significant results after three to six peels.
- Addresses various skin conditions such as pigmentation abnormalities, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, melasma, and photodamage.
- Customize to any of these specific conditions. The Retinoic acid helps exfoliation more than other chemical peels. There is minimal discomfort.
- Excellent for all skin types.
Vitamin A Peel
- Massaged into the face to activate cell turnover.
- Helps treat pigmentation, sun damage, and aging concerns. Reduces pore size and gives a more even skin color and smoothness. The result is a natural, healthy glow.
- This peel is pain free although those with sensitive skin may feel discomfort.
- Expect your skin to peel on the third day after treatment.
VIEW BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS
Superficial Chemical Peel:
Medium Chemical Peel:
Deep Chemical Peel: